These tasty tacos bring a world of flavour to your weekly taco Tuesday.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time30 min
- Serving Size4
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 pot Continental Stock Pot Sensations Chicken Stock Pot
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 300 g packet finely shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 8 wholegrain tortilla, warmed
Place tomatoes, stockpot and water into a deep-frying pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until dissolves. Stir recipe base. Add chicken. Bring to the boil, stirring regularly. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 25 -30 mins, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is fork tender.
Using tongs transfer chicken to a chopping board. Bring sauce to the rapid simmer over medium high heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 mins or until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Meanwhile using two forks shred chicken. Stir chicken through reduced sauce.
Combine sour cream and jalapenos in a small bowl. Place coleslaw mix, coriander and lime juice in a bowl, toss to coat.
Divide shredded chicken between warmed tortillas. Top with slaw and a dollop of jalapeno sour cream.
The images used in this recipe is by Continental.
This content is protected by Fair Use under Copyright Laws.